Thursday, July 18, 2013

Emacs Themes

My editor of choice is Emacs (please refrain from starting any editor holy wars here), but I strongly prefer a dark theme to the default.  Any time I'm installing Emacs on a new machine I have to search for how to set the theme by default again, so here it is in an easy place to find.

In Windows 7, add the following to the user .emacs file - likely under C:\Users\me
(add-to-list 'load-path "D:\programs\emacs-24.2\lisp\color-theme.el")
(require 'color-theme)
(eval-after-load "color-theme"
  '(progn
      (color-theme-initialize)
      (color-theme-calm-forest)))
In my Linux environment, I've simply added the following to my .emacs file:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/")
(color-theme-initialize)
(color-theme-calm-forest)

No comments:

Post a Comment